Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank God for the Great Outdoors

      I picked the title of this blog because I am Thankful for the outdoors.  Getting outdoors is one of the things that keeps me sane and gives me the chance to clear my head and get back to center.

     For the last few months now my youngest son has been battling with seizures. They come and go through out the day and only last about 5 seconds and he seems to not be getting harmed by them. The doctors don't seem to know right now what is causing them but  he seems to be responding to the medication. It is going to be a long road but it will be a journey that is going to make me and my family stronger.

    So with that said, this is how the outdoors fits into the equation. Ever since my wife has given birth to our sons the boys have turned what was a spark for the outdoors and turned it into a 4 alarm fire.  So because of that fire burning deep in my soul the boys have always loved hunting, fishing and the outdoors.

    The little town that my family and I live in has a river that runs through it so there is all kinds of birds and animals to see. With everything going on and the weather turning nice we  take the kids downtown to feed the ducks and see what other animals we can find.  The time with the kids outdoors also gives my wife and I the chance to recharge the batteries and lets us both get back to center.  It is nice when the kids are fussy all I have to say is let's go scout for turkeys or deer and everybody is ready to go. There is a bunch of state hunting land all around the house so it is nice to go for a drive and find animals in the fields and woods.  It also gives my wife and I time to talk and make sure we are on the same page on things.  Which is nice because with the issues with our son patients gets thrown out the window sometimes.

   These drives have done good things for my family. I get to share the outdoors with my wife and kids and I get to show my wife where I go on the weekends. Now maybe we will get out this coming season and hunt together.  Which is one of my family goals is to get my wife out hunting and to share with her what GOD has graced us with and that is the Great Outdoors.

    Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day and make sure to share the great outdoors with everyone you meet.

1 comment: