Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Ultimate Fishing show Part 1

I got a call from a buddy asking if I wanted a ticket for the fishing show down by Detroit.  Well turned out that I could go so loaded up the family and we were off to the Ultimate fishing show.  First booth we came to was the Metro West Steelheaders.   They made me and my family feel like we were one of the members.  They took us behind the table and showed us all of the great things they are doing for fishing and the outdoors.  Started off with the kids camp they hold every year then we talked about the conservation activities that the group is doing.  The nice thing I liked about these guys was the fact that they didn't push joining their group.  They gave me the info. told me a little about what the membership includes then we shared some fishing stories talked with the family and got a couple invites to go fishing this summer.

So after shaking hands and exchanging contact info. it was off to check out the rest of the show.  The wife and kids went to the exotic animals and I was off to the seminars.  The first seminar I watched was about jigging for Walleye.  Now I am not a huge walleye fisherman but after all of the seminars on walleye fishing I am ready to go catch some fish.  The highlight of the day was getting to see Michigan's own  B.A.S.S angler of the year Kevin Van Dam.  I ended up walking away with a lot good info that I hope to use on the water this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment